Monthly Archives: February 2013

Differences between WFOE and RO

In China, there are three legal entities for foreign investors to choose.

1) Wholly foreign owned enterprise ( “WFOE”)
2) Representative office ( “RO”)
3) Joint venture with a existing Chinese entity ( “JV”)

In this article we are trying to describe the different between WFOE and RO in terms of Allowable activities, Establishment procedure, Capital requirement , employment and tax.



How to get paid from Chinese companies

Recently China law blog posted a article about the issues getting paid from Chinese companies. I have a couple of clients which had the same problem when trying to get paid from Chinese companies after proving consulting service from offshore. I put the article link here for your reference.